Key Considerations as you Write a Quality Research Topic
Before any research is conducted, the first and most crucial part is developing a research topic based on certain standards which will be answered by your research results and findings. This is the research topic that guides your research. When planning and writing your research paper, picking a good topic is the key. Being able to create a great research topic using exclusive criteria does not only showcase your professionalism but also gives you an interesting time during the research. Although coming up with a completely new topic is great, there are many gaps in previous researches done in any particular field of study hence your research question can come from various sources.
Tips you can Consider as You Develop an Exceptional Topic
- Conduct a background research. Having more information about the background of your topic will enable you to come up with a viable topic and finally a great research paper.
- Brainstorming for topic ideas. After coming up with a broad topic where your interest falls, consider listing down all the words associated with that topic. Example if it is a lion consider, words and topics related to hunting, weather, diet and the environment.
- Develop a research question. After an in-depth research on the broad topic, develop a research question that you will research on and give findings in your research paper.
Important Steps to Follow as you Create a Research Topic
Most candidates of a degree program are expected to conduct a research on their field of study. The research conducted is then presented in writing to give the research results and findings. While it is one important thing to do the right research, it is another to do it the right way. Every research tries to solve a problem or answer a particular question in a field of study. The question being solved is the research topic which speaks on an area of current or future demand. If you might need assistance with creating topics that will be of great use in writing a research paper, experts here at Research Topic Help are always ready to offer reliable help.
What are Key Qualities of a Most Suitable Research Topic?
The research you do in your undergraduate level will not only showcase your mastery of the subject but will also set the stage for your Masters and Ph.D. levels. For these reasons, consider choosing the right area to research on and more importantly the right topic to use for your research.
For a research topic to be relevant and lead to a great research paper. It should have the following aspects:
- It should be something that interests you. You will spend several semesters in your research. A topic that interests you will be of a greater impact on the results you get as there is a passion to research and write more about the topic.
- Research topic has to be achievable. Your topic should be the one whose goals are attainable based on the available research tool and the given timeline.
- The topic should fit your course requirements. Adding more information about the previous researches or coming up with new research topics in a field of study should be prioritized.
- There should be enough information about the topic. You can conduct a preliminary research to determine whether there will be enough information at your disposal for writing and references.
A Criteria you can Use to Create Unique Topics
The measure of the time a scholar will spend in the research and its degree of success depends on the research topic chosen. While a tutor can give a student a variety of topics in the field of study to study from, there are other sources of research ideas divided into three categories:
Topics based on personal or professional experience
In our daily life activities, we make many observations which are rich sources for research topics. Also, we encounter questions and try to answer them. The observations are either unsystematic observation where curiosity about the causes of everyday behavior or systematic in which you get ideas from the published research.
Research topics based on a Theory
This is a set of assumptions about the causes of behavior and rules which specify those causes. By use of theories, one can develop a research topic by either allowing you to predict expected behavior of certain variables or when two theories account for one initial observation.
Topics formulated from Literature and media
By reading journals, articles, newspapers, and newspapers one is able to identify the gaps in the knowledge of which there is no solution. This provides a better ground to formulate a research topic.